[WWI] Sopwith Strutter 9700 Single seat 3 Wing RNAS

Jim T sinbad8508 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 16 09:04:08 EDT 2013

Does anyone have photos or reliable
profiles or drawings of any of these Sopwith Strutter
single seat bombers?

All are 9700 Type. Nearly all had 110hp Clerget engines. A few had 130hp Clergets.

RNAS records indicate
they were delivered and served with 3 Wing RNAS.
The # numbers were assigned by 3 Wing and displayed on the aft fuselage sides.

SOPWITH BUILT
9661
#4 Damaged in Obendorf Raid  CDL??
9664

9700
#30 B Flt 2Sq
9711
N5104
#34 4 Flt
N5109
#37 6 Flt
N5115
#44 4 Flt
N5171
#46  'Tientsin Britons No.2” 4.14.17 Shot down
N5173
#51 B Flt 1 Sq 'Sao Paolo No. 2
N5174
#53  'Rio de Jaqneiro Britons No1'

WESTLAND
BUILT
N5121
#38 5 Flt
N5122

N5123
N5126
N5128

I have good data on many other 3 Wing 9700s but only info on these.

sinbad

I learn from my mistakes, so I repeat them.