[WWI] Ocio! Fiol D'una Can!

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 8 06:44:12 EDT 2013

Thanks. Does anyone have a copy of the referenced issue of Cross & Cockade that they could check for me?

Many thanks.

Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 02:36:29 -0500
From: dnsh at verizon.net
To: wwi at wwi-models.org
Subject: Re: [WWI] Ocio! Fiol D'una Can!

 I'd take anything Lawson proclaims as fact with a grain of salt and then research it myself.    On 10/07/13, Michael Kendix<mkendix at hotmail.com> wrote: Wait, I found this from our very own Steve Lawson back in 2001.

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/aircraft/1374-macchi-nie-17-3363-a.html

"That comes from P.14 of the publication "Color Profiles of WWI Combat Planes" by Apsotalo & Bignozzi the English translation of the text done in 1974. The Nieuport N3363 was not a Maachi built machine. It was French built and assigned to the French Escadrille Nr. 561 flown by MdL (does not mean member of the Legion, it stands for Sargent) Eduard Corniglion - Molinier. *The machine was in French markings and served on the Italian front with its unit Esc.561 in defense of Venice. *See Cross & Cockade USA Vol.24 /#4 /P. 382 and Vol. 25 /#2 /P. 182 .
Ocio Fiol Dun can!"

Hmmm... is this correct, I wonder?