[WWI] Ocio! Fiol D'una Can!

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 7 17:11:01 EDT 2013

Wait, I found this from our very own Steve Lawson back in 2001.

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/aircraft/1374-macchi-nie-17-3363-a.html

"That comes from P.14 of the publication "Color
Profiles of WWI Combat Planes" by Apsotalo & Bignozzi the English
translation of the text done in 1974. The Nieuport N3363 was not a
Maachi built machine. It was French built and assigned to the French
Escadrille Nr. 561 flown by MdL (does not mean member of the Legion, it
stands for Sargent) Eduard Corniglion - Molinier. *The machine was in
French markings and served on the Italian front with its unit Esc.561 in
 defense of Venice. *See Cross & Cockade USA Vol.24 /#4 /P. 382 and
Vol. 25 /#2 /P. 182 .

Ocio Fiol Dun can!"

Hmmm... is this correct, I wonder?