[WWI] Ford T Ambulance

Dave Calhoun davecww1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 12:15:14 EDT 2013

Subject: Re: [WWI] Ford T Ambulance

Couldn't you just assemble the tyres on the wheels, then chuck them up in some a dremel or lathe, or power tool, then spin them up, and put a bit of sandpaper to them? I've done that on for instance Revell Spad wheels, to make them thinner.
/Neil

Hi Neil,
I wish it was that simple, but the rubber the kit tires is made out of does not sand well, I spent about an hour with a coarse sanding stick and still not smooth,  Plus the grooves are cut so deep into the rubber that they may be too small if I can ever get the knobs on the tire sanded down level with the surface.  And the kit only comes with 5 tires so even if I could get them all smooth I would be short one spare tire.
Dave C