[WWI] Sopwith Camel Questions

Kerry Lynn kerlyn2001 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 21 23:14:13 EDT 2013

The identifying feature of the B.R.1 is the polygonal crankcase. You could
fashion one out of card (you'd have to lay out a nonagon) and glue the
Clerget
cylinders to it.  However, the cowling from the kit would not look quite
right
as all the B.R.1 Camels had a larger cowl to accommodate the larger diameter
engine.  It basically followed the flare of the fuselage rather than being a
constant diameter.  Roden got it right in their 1/72 Bentley F.1 Camel.

-K-