[WWI] Sopwith Camel Questions

pfalzdvii at comcast.net pfalzdvii at comcast.net
Wed Aug 21 20:53:29 EDT 2013

As to the 'open' vs 'closed' looking at many Camel pics in my references, almost all of the "Naval" Camels seem to be closed type, but the famous pic of a lineup of N10 Camels shows both, it may have been a modification done at unit level, at the preference of the pilots, rather than at manufacture. As to the Bentley, BR1, Aeroclub announced one about a year ago, but I don't know if it was ever released. (In any case, it has the same double pushrod front as the Clerget,) so...

Merrill