[WWI] Great Salmson footage!

James Landon thegreatlandoni at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 17 00:52:37 EDT 2013

Thanks for the link Carlos. … You awakened me from deep lurk.

Naturally I watched the Salmson video with great interest … looking for any discrepancy between the Salmson in the video and my model … and didn't see anything. … Even the camera looked the same. … Even the insignia of the 91st Aero Squadron - the knight chasing the devil - is what I painted on my model.

The 91st Aero Squadron in the video is the same squadron that Lt. Francis Lowry served in, … which is where Lowry Field in Denver Colorado USA got it's name, … which later became Lowry Air Force Base. … Today one of the old Lowry hangars is the home of Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum … the museum that asked me to build a 1:16 scale model of Lt. Lowry's Salmson.

If you never saw my Salmson model before, … see http://www.wwi-models.org/Images/Landon/Salmson/index.html … and … http://www.wwi-models.org/Images/Landon/Salmson/progress/index.html … and … http://www.internetmodeler.com/2005/april/aviation/Salmson.php.

All of my Salmson reference material is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/landoni/sets/72157630332673974/

Jim