[WWI] Paint lids

dr-i.417.17 at cox.net dr-i.417.17 at cox.net
Tue Aug 13 14:57:28 EDT 2013

Coming out of deep lurk

I've found that the stick on stickers do not stay on MM tops very well. They dry out within a year. (at least the ones that come with the testors empty bottle pack)  I've begun to use a lable maker wiht white tape and black letters. It is a little smaller than the existing MM lables, I can get three lines of info,  Color, FS No if applicable and MM stock number. *I can READ these labels and the white base gives you someplace to take a brush stroke of the color.
MTC
YMMV

MrT
---- "Nicklas wrote:

That's what I do - except when feeling fairly industrious, then I spray the top of the cap with some flat white.
That's just in case the sticker may come off.  Usually I wipe the cap top with a swipe of fine grit, then some solvent before putting the sticker on to help it stay put.
Very useful now that I'm building again and looking for "what the heck did I do with that paint" - LOL
Brian