[WWI] Tool trolley?

David Lombard david.n.lombard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 13:33:22 EDT 2013

Been thinking about this.

Since I'm usually reading some directions to paint this color or that, it's
easiest and most accurate for me to read the name of the color and look for
that name rather than read the name, visualize the color, and then look for
that color.

I also noticed that I prefer to /also/ read the names of the several
Colourcoat paint tins that I have rather than just relying on the painted
lid.

Clearly though, visualizing the color or perhaps directly looking for the
color from an illustration may be easier for others.

Perhaps this gets back to how we communicate. Alternatively, perhaps you
first used, say, Humbrol tins with their painted lids, while I first used
jars with printed names. Yes, I can see the color though the glass, but I
still prefer the name.

--
dnl