[WWI] Centennial Reading List

J.R. Boye hopeandmercy at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 5 23:02:19 EDT 2013

 We never doubted you, Mike.

                                                    J.R. Boye

From: jmikl2957 at comcast.net
To: wwi at wwi-models.org
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 22:36:56 -0700
Subject: [WWI] Centennial Reading List

                Since we're evidently into preparatory reading, you might want to refresh your knowledge base with an overview as a starter.  In that case, if you don't re-read Tuchman, do get hold of Peter Hart's "The Great War."  Also an overview, it doesn't do the usual "lions being led by donkeys" shtick and, if you're at all familiar with Hart, is exceptionally readable.  And when you finish that one, go straight to one of my favorites of his, "Gallipoli."  Then, of course, there are the numerous books by Hart on OT aviation and the like.                You're not getting the feeling that I'm a fan, are you?   ;-)