[WWI] Looking for info on early Model T Ambulances

J.R. Boye hopeandmercy at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 5 22:42:21 EDT 2013

      Just one other color note, Dave:
     Staring at the photos for hours convinced me that the interior of the rear body, plus the top support structure, was typically painted white. This only makes sense.
      Also, pretty soon after the first few cars were in service, an upper level of stretcher shelves was added, which could be folded up out of the way. This shows that the support structure was fairly substantial.

       I never saw a photo of the tent-body Ford that Diego sent. That looks pretty makeshift, more like a field modification.
       The style of the canvas tops varied quite a bit, depending on the outfitter. As always, find one specific car and go with that.
        And read the text of "Friends of France". It is very inspiring and great motivation to build a model to honor the service of this spirited group of young men, most of whom left behind a privileged college life to show mercy to the wounded.
       I also I'm really looking forward to seeing your completed car! Should be stunning in 1/16th.

                                                          J.R. Boye