[WWI] Centennial Reading List

Mike Vice jmikl2957 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 5 01:36:56 EDT 2013

                Since we're evidently into preparatory reading, you might
want to refresh your knowledge base with an overview as a starter.  In that
case, if you don't re-read Tuchman, do get hold of Peter Hart's "The Great
War."  Also an overview, it doesn't do the usual "lions being led by
donkeys" shtick and, if you're at all familiar with Hart, is exceptionally
readable.  And when you finish that one, go straight to one of my favorites
of his, "Gallipoli."  Then, of course, there are the numerous books by Hart
on OT aviation and the like.

                You're not getting the feeling that I'm a fan, are you?
;-)