[WWI] The Sleepwalkers – How Europe went to war in 1914

J.R. Boye hopeandmercy at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 4 23:07:03 EDT 2013

 I also recommend "The Sleepwalkers" - the focus is largely on Slav/Austrian relations and friction, and sheds a new light on the less than honorable intentions of both sides of the local conflict that led to the major conflict.

    Don't forget the other classic by Tuchman, John, "The Zimmermann Telegram"- yet another layer to your sandwich!

                                            J.R. Boye