[WWI] DH.2 Tire Color

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Thu Oct 25 12:22:24 EDT 2012

PILE the bodies high at Austerlitz and Waterloo.
Shovel them under and let me work-
            I am the grass; I cover all.

And pile them high at Gettysburg
And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun.
Shovel them under and let me work.
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:
            What place is this?
            Where are we now?

            I am the grass.
            Let me work.

Carl Sandburg

D.
Diving into a mud filled shell hole, methuen #5464