[WWI] DH.2 Tire Color

mkessler73 at frontier.com mkessler73 at frontier.com
Tue Oct 23 11:10:05 EDT 2012

Hello Listees,

I'm in the process of researching some colors for a DH.2 for my father and I've run into something I didn't expect.  Wingnut Wings is showing the tires on both of their DH.2 kits as black.  I thought the whole black rubber tire thing was a post-war creation?  I know WW isn't infallible, but this would seem a rookie mistake if I'm properly informed.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  I've looked at pictures in the Windsock Datafile, and the tires DO look pretty dark.

Thanks,
Matt K.