[WWI] In my grubby paws

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Oct 21 13:34:12 EDT 2012

On 10/20/2012 1:32 PM, Gabriel Limon wrote:
> The Eindecker landed today just 7 days after I placed my order.  Looks
> right nice too.  I still have a question regarding the suggested WNW
> color scheme regarding Ol' Ernie's #105.  They call for a gray color,
> it has traditionally been shown as "beige," cdl or anyone else care to
> guess.  Any thoughts?  Help?
>
> Gabe

I recall a discussion on the List, last century, where different
countries had different shades of CDL due to the different species of
Flax in the various countries used to make the linen. German Flax was
supposed to give a grayish CDL. Then I have seen B&W photos of German
CDL that looks a very translucent white, though that may be due to
lighting at the time of the photo and the airplanes were Albatros, not
Fokker. Sorry that's not any definite help.

Having slogged through the 1/32 Battle Axe E.III, I'll be real
interested in how these WNW kits go together. Please keep us posted on
your progress when you start
sp