[WWI] Ko?ciuszko Squadron References Sought

Dave Calhoun davecww1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 12:45:33 EDT 2012

Hi Doug,
Both references mentioned are good, the Mushroom book better for modelers since it has several profiles that are helpful.  The Flight of Eagles is a good history book, with a few grainy black and white photos but no good closeups of the aircraft. Another book that was useful to me when doing my Albatros D.III Oef in Kosciuszko Squadron markings was all in Polish but has lots of detailed drawings and nice color profiles.  the title is:
Pierwsze
SAMOLOTY
MYSLIWSKIE
lotnictwa
polskiego

Not sure what that says but that is the title, author is Tomasz Goworek. It has chapters on the Albatros D.III (Oef), Ansaldo Balilla, Fokker D. VII and SPAD VII and XIII.  Worth getting if you can find it.
Dave