[WWI] HMAS Australia - final assembly

J.R. Boye hopeandmercy at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 7 22:08:30 EDT 2012

   That is really coming along, Marc. Thanks for sharing your technique on making the gun bags. I wonder if that would work for 1/350 or if maybe putty would be better. You are probably right on the color, because everything tends to get painted on ships. But as we know, the same color will have a different look on various materials and reflect differently in photos as well.

     Are you sure you got the right boats in the positions you mentioned? I have seen kit instructions have errors like that.

      When I first started in on building a submarine model, I was amazed at how much rigging the thing had. The ships have much more- and more than the average airplane model. No escape from rigging in this era- even some of the vehicles have it.

     So good to see something other than aircraft appear now and then. I love the planes, but vehicles, vessels and figures are always a nice change of pace.

                                                            J.R. Boye