[WWI] A couple of questions

Dennis Ugulano djuggie at comcast.net
Fri Oct 5 21:47:46 EDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 14:20 -0400, tom.mason at charter.net wrote:
> For my next build I contemplating building Flashback's 1/72 Voisin 3

T.O.M.,

I have to go back 14 years to my build as it was the first kit I built
after joining the group.

It is a beautiful kit and I built it out of the box.  I put a small
weight behind the instrument panel and if the wind is not blowing, it
will stay on its nose wheel.  I used the pe frame work for the boom so
it is out of scale as far as thickness.  If you build up the framework,
it will not stay on its nose wheel.  The boom will wave in the breeze
until it is rigged and then it is very firm.  I also did not correct any
of the problems or inaccuracies of the kit, I built it as it came.  From
what I remember reading, the kit seems to be a merging of two different
Voisins.  Using Datafile # 135 is almost required as the instruction
sheet is vague is some areas.

There are a few photos on my website under French Voisin.  They may
help.  Contact me anytime for any additional information.

As you can tell, Michael is my biggest fan and has slightly, :-), over
estimated the number of kits I have built.

Dennis
--

Dennis Ugulano
"Each modeler will rise to their own level of masochisim."