[WWI] HMAS Australia

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Tue Oct 2 04:00:36 EDT 2012

To be honest, I'm very tempted!
/Neil

From: wwi-bounces at wwi-models.org [mailto:wwi-bounces at wwi-models.org] On Behalf Of marc flake
Sent: den 2 oktober 2012 05:15
To: wwi at wwi-models.org
Subject: Re: [WWI] HMAS Australia

Neil wrote: "NEVER be tempted by one of them, all those lifeboats........"

It's perfectly acceptable to paint almost all your lifeboats the same overall gray color of the ship they are on.  The only exception would be the steam pinnances, which always have teak decks.

Most contemporary pictures never show the insides of the other boats, so it's time for artistic interpretation.  I don't paint the interiors of all my ship's boats.

The real headaches are the deck fittings -- capstans, mushroom vents and even bollards.

Marc Flake