[WWI] HMAS Australia

marc flake marcflake at att.net
Mon Oct 1 23:15:02 EDT 2012

Neil wrote: "NEVER be tempted by one of them, all those lifeboats........"

It's perfectly acceptable to paint almost all your lifeboats the same overall gray color of the ship they are on.  The only exception would be the steam pinnances, which always have teak decks.

Most contemporary pictures never show the insides of the other boats, so it's time for artistic interpretation.  I don't paint the interiors of all my ship's boats.

The real headaches are the deck fittings -- capstans, mushroom vents and even bollards.

Marc Flake