[WWI] HMAS Australia progress report

J.R. Boye hopeandmercy at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 8 20:43:58 EDT 2012

    Although the appeal of seeing all those ships in relative size is very tempting. But I'm beginning to dole out my time a little more carefully these days. I really enjoy seeing the photos of what you are doing, though. Marc. Those are actual "pocket battleships" :-)

   Is it possible to build all of the major Jutland participants now, i.e. all of Beatty's battle cruisers or the German dreadnoughts?

   My delving into naval subjects is pretty limited, true, but they are all very fascinating in terms of technology, triumph and tragedy, and I have high hopes of finishing the kits I have someday.

                                             J.R. Boye

        P.S. Do you know if any photos were ever taken of the Emden with its famous "fourth funnel"? I would just love to build mine with that "feature"- such a great story to tell with that!