[WWI] WWI mark IV Tank at Bovington Tank mueseum.

nick hamer hamerthehorrible at live.co.uk
Sun Jul 8 06:55:54 EDT 2012

Hi All,    On the 29th June I went with my boy, to the Bovington Tank Museum where we had the treat of seeing this beasty crawling around at a stately 3mph. Sadly, it's a replica, not the real thing. This is the vehicle that was used in the film Warhorse. It is, so we were told, built to look exactly as the original, but I wouldn't know as I'm no expert. It is based around the engine and drive gear of a modern 'plant' vehicle whatever that vehicle may be. It certainly looked good and sounded great. We also saw an original 'Matchless' Military Pattern motorcycle and side car complete with Vickers mg mounted on the side car. It was part of a batch built for the Russians, but, presumably, never delivered. I have lots of pics of this and the tank but not sure how many to post without going and clogging up yer inbox, missus? I can send more pics and plenty of the motorcycle and side car which was a gorgeous little combo for running around St. Petersburg and mowing down the revolting Proletariate, if that's your thing. Hope you American listees had a spiffing 4th of July. Truth is, as good as the day was it was spoilt by the fact the promised 'WWI  dog-fight' between a repro Se5a and Dr. I was cancelled because it was 'too windy'. The general comment around the Bovington Museum was that if we'd had health and safety in 1914, then a lot of lives would have been saved.. .  Hope you like the pics.
                 Cheers,
                       Nick.