[WWI] WWI List Re: Hyperscale W29 build - strange lozenge

james dickie jamesdickie82 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 31 17:36:17 EDT 2011

I'm gonna throw in my half baked 2 cents worth:  Personally I tend to think these days that the naval lozenge was painted (gasp!), similar to the painted lozenge on the Gotha bombers and the AEG bombers. The application is always very pefectly aligned starting from one edge and there are no rib tapes to be seen. Sounds like hand painted lozenge pattern to me (?). I've also heard "rumors" around for years that the sample in DSA's collection was a bit suspect in origin (possible a fake outta Eastern Europe).
But hey, that's just my crackpot theory.