[WWI] New Model

ernest thomas reason108 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 22:17:31 EDT 2011

OK.
I've got a V-Flash 3D Printer in my classroom. Uses a liquid resin for the build medium that cures with exposure to UV. Cost my school $15k for the printer, washing station and curing unit. It only makes one color parts but I don't need color for what I'm doing.
Even though I had the money approved, I didn't get the Z-Corp full color printer for $40k.
I didn't see how color was worth an extra 25k. And mine can make hollow parts, which saves build medium. The Z-Corp printer can make a hollow part, in theory, but if you don't leave a hole in it, you get a hollow part filled with unbonded build medium.
There's another company that makes one that uses string trimmer line. When I was shopping for my printer, I contacted that company and specifically asked them to have a sales rep contact me with more info.
I got a form letter email reply saying if I wanted more info, I have to fill out the form and they would have someone contact me.

E.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry for the Honor and Glory of our Ancestral Gods