[WWI] WWI List Re: Hyperscale W29 build - strange lozenge

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 29 20:49:59 EDT 2011

Michael says

>So, Shane, basically, what you're saying is, this is all bollocks?
>
>What if it was, like, 7 degree?

Still utterly fails the test of "why make life difficult for no apparent gain" test.

Frankly, it *smells* like male bovine excrement to me.

Now, although I think it unlikely there *might* be a justification for **applying** the fabric at an angle while there's none that I can think off for printng it that way. Think about which directions are easiest to tear fabris - answer, straight along warp and weft, parallel and at right angles to the length of the fabric. Angled, it *might* prove stronger, and IIRC this was actually why some makers tried diagonal application. Angled it might also increase sheer strength of the entire wing structure.

Still, 5 degrees? would it be enough to help? and *printing* at an angle would do sod all.

Shane

(stir, stir, stir the pot, gently as a dream.....)

My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

Quidvis recte factum,
quamvis humile, praeclarum