[WWI] Hyperscale W29 build - strange lozenge

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Thu Jul 28 21:34:35 EDT 2011

Mikael! ;-)
> What's wrong with the airspeed thing? Looks like the pictures in the
>  Datafile (see p.9).

Well, admittedly, this gadget isn't the easiest thing to represent in
miniature, less as an injected mold part... here's the real thing:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32267822@N08/3358082436/
and here's a full size repro:
http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/image/tid/160

So far the only miniature that succesfully achieved the looks of it
was the one made from scrtach by Lance Krieg. On this picture, the
part on the wing looks like small fire hydrant:
http://www.hyperscale.com/2011/features/p7hg_img_50/fullsize/0_fs.jpg

> Eponimous? It's just wrong if you ask me.

The technical term is "wonky". Coined after Dr. Professor Karl Amadeus
Wonky, in Vienna, 1733. In the USA it's sometimes referred as
"wonkiee" and in Australia as "Weier".
D.