[WWI] Pegasus D.I/II and D.III kits

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 16:22:33 EDT 2011

Hi:

Owned several 1/72nd scale Pegasus  kits but never built a one. The Albatros are almost certainly not competitive with the Roden offerings, whose price, at least in the US is around $9, and about £9 in the UK. The Pegasus kits are short run and are simply not the same quality as the Roden kits, which are nice.

Despite the fact that the MAC kit is not short-run, the Pegasus Phönix  D.I, in my view, might be competitive but mainly because the MAC kits are so outrageously priced. Further, the MAC kit parts are a little clunky - thick flying surfaces, etc.

FWIW, I've built the MAC Phönix D.I. D.II & D.III; and at least 5 of the various Roden Albatros kits.

Michael