[WWI] Pegasus D.I/II and D.III kits

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jul 26 15:45:02 EDT 2011

On 7/26/2011 2:25 PM, freightdog at btopenworld.com wrote:
> Hi guys, I wanted to ask for your views about the Pegasus 1/72nd kts
> of the Albatros D.I/II and D.III. When I took over Pegasus I inherited
> over a hundred of each, all with shot decals. I can reprint decals,
> but I wondered how you would rate these accuracy wise in comparison to
> the Roden ones, and if you think I could still sell with new decals
> them if I priced them under £5 each?
>
> The same applies to the Pegasus Phonix D.I vs the Mac kit, again I
> have some but have never listed them as the decals need replacing.
>
> Thanks.
> Colin
I never built a Pegasus kit that I didn't enjoy the build. I've taken
several awards for models built from Pegasus kits at IPMS contests. Very
different build from a mass produced injection kit. Sort of an apples &
oranges thing. For those who enjoy a limited run build, you can't get a
better kit than a Pegasus. Priced right, they should move well.

sp