[WWI] Cockpit details circa 1910

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Mon Jul 25 20:33:42 EDT 2011

Thomas!
> Photos of the actual aircraft only indicate a seat of the early
> bucket style and the side mounted wheel controls for wing warping.
> Instructions and research show the instrument panel and three
> control cables on each side of the cockpit and rudder pedals with
> exposed cables. I've added a throttle from an Eduard Fokker
> Eindecker.
>
> Any other ideas for the cockpit?

http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1910/1910%20-%200883.html

I guess that little else than what you mentioned and a big purse full
of good intentions.
You can also add a tube gauge for the fuel tank, a dial as the
tachometer, an oil pulsator, and perhaps a switch for the magneto. I
guess that you can find a bit of inspiration in the Bristol Monoplane
(also designed by Coanda) and the Antoinette, that seemed to have a
similar fuselage but had a completely different engine (so most
controls won't relate!)
D.