[WWI] Struts & Glue Other "mixes" of CA

Thomas Solinski dr-i.417.17 at cox.net
Fri Jul 22 12:25:50 EDT 2011

Good Friday all

Great thread on glues and struts.

Just incase you folks didn't know there are different formulations of CA
glues that come in different thicknesses and different cure times.

One of the major suppliers in the us is Bob Smith Industries:

http://www.bsi-inc.com/

I've worked with them on using some of their black rubbery CA as a
structural adheasive on aircraft de-icer boots.:

http://latestnews.bsi-inc.com/2009/09/faa-approves-use-of-ic-2000.html

I've recently used the "gell" type on an rc plane where I needed 30 seconds
to get stuff aligned before the glue "fired off".

Most local RC shops carry this brand with a sticker that makes it look like
it comes from the shop on the lable.

Safe weekend all I'm off to build a 28' x 12' stage at my church for the
weekend.

MrT