[WWI] Anyone tried combining the 1/72 Joystick Nie24/27 and theEduard Nie17?

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Fri Jul 22 09:00:16 EDT 2011

Dave!
> Looking to make an Nie 17bis or a 23bis, as I already have* the Joystick
> kit, I thought it would make sense to
> combine the fuselage of that kit with the Eduard wings etc - and a lot
> cheaper than buying a Roden just for the
> fuselage!

Well, currently Roll models seems to be the only online source for the old
Joystick kit, and it costs a healthy USD 20.75 (rarity value?) while the
Roden kit is USD 12.75... covet your Joystick kits!

> * I have the kit, but I had already removed the fuselage halves form the
> kit, they are not in the bag and I'm not
> entirely sure where they are! Hence asking if anyone has tried it! All
> part of my plan for a line up of RFC/RNAS
> Nie17 variants!

I'm not too sure, but I guess there are some subtle differences between a
"faired over" type 17 fuselage and the latter type 24 design. Perhaps it's
symmetrical, while the 17 is not? I should check my datafiles FWIW...
D.