[WWI] Who Inspired You?

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Fri Jul 22 03:00:17 EDT 2011

. Bearing in mind it must be over 30 years since I last saw this cartoon I may have a few details wrong, but , if you have a copy Austro Hungarian Army Aircraft of WWI some of the more outrageous designs (like James' fabulous Lloyd triplane model) will give you the idea

Indeed I do have that magnificent book (with the colour pages too).

, add a few MORE storeys, guns and wings and engines and that's the vulture Squadron as built and maintained by Clunk. A legend in my workspace. The more I think about this the more I think a Vulture Squadron scratchbuild would be a great idea. . . .

Yes, I recognize it now. Sad to say my favorite was Lady Penelope and her underwater aircraft carrier.
/Neil

                                                  Cheers,

                                                       Nick.