[WWI] Glues WAS: FE2b

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Thu Jul 21 09:15:58 EDT 2011

Well said D, I more or less use the same. With perhaps a little more plastic
glue (from an old-fashioned tube) and a little less CA (because of my asthma).
And less "mek", I've never done well with that, I get weak joints, or melted parts.
And more CA, wait I just said less, ignore that. I can't do without CA for
sharpening parts (trailing edges, wing-fillets, cowling edges) a bit of tape
keeps the glue in place, and it dries rock-hard. And it transforms wood to plastic.
I also use CA for attachment of wing-skins, because I can't handle "mek".
To sum up, the important thing is to use everything, till you find what works best for you.
/Neil