[WWI] Who Inspired You?

Clarence Wentzel cewentzel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 20:11:20 EDT 2011

Interesting question.  I have been interested in aircraft since I was 3 or 4 years old.  I was staying with my mother's aunt while she was working for Douglas Aircraft in WW II.  She was a riveter in the wing of a C-54.
I began building plastic models during the early Aurora days.  I changed to flying models for a while but got back to plastic in the early '60s.  On my way home from work, I HAD to pass a small hobby shop on John R Street near Detroit.  This was the original Squadron Shop and I was hooked.  I was friends with Jerry Campbell, Walt Lonzinski and others and it helped my building.  My job moved me to Brazil and Venezuela in the 70's and 80's but I moved my kits with me and found great modelers at both locations.
Back in the US, I found IPMS groups that helped me expand my skills and provided great friendship.

Clare
 Visit "Clare's Corner" at; http://clarescorner.com