[WWI] Who Inspired You?

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Wed Jul 20 03:56:41 EDT 2011

>     So, no one magic inspiration, but God bless my mum, Weston Super Mare,
> or both of them. And Airfix magazine, Allan Hall and Ray Rimell, without
> who
> I'd probably have remained a paster together of pointy proppelorless
> things
> without enough wings.
>

> Paul.

Absolutely, when Ray Rimmell had Scale Models it was terrific. I missed Airfix magazine
to a large extent, well I subscribed later, but then it was past it's prime.
I did get both Chris Ellis's books, and thought they were pretty good, but Chris Ellis
was a pretty awful modeler. I once met Allan Hall at my first IPMS-UK competition
at Stoneleigh, he was ever so nice.
/Neil