[WWI] Who Inspired You?

Steven Perry sperry11 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jul 19 20:51:20 EDT 2011

On 7/19/2011 8:12 PM, Michael Kendix wrote:
> Re wife #2 - have you spoken to Steve Perry? Winking smile Actually,
> it occurs that this is an usual though far from unique "Experience".

LOL! I had no idea Bud had the same thing happen to him.  BvB, (The
Baroness von Bitchtofen), comes from a family that doesn't believe in
apologies, but 10 yrs on, she hasn't even looked hard at a model. Not
even a peep about a trailer full of giant scale warbirds and jets.
Apology gratefully accepted. I re-built some smashed models and took a
Copper State Models Sopwith Swallow kit that she broke every resin piece
and bent all the white metal and PE, built it and won a First place in
the OOB category. Though I haven't built anything static in years, I
have 2 display cases full and intact all built ot re-built after the
"disaster".

So maybe BvB inspired me to continue and not give up in a back handed
sort of way, but I have always been fascinated with airplanes and models
of airplanes. I guess I was born inspired, though my Stepfather sure
fanned the flames when I was a kid.

sp