[WWI] Who Inspired You?

OH_ Models ohmodels at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 19 19:15:05 EDT 2011

Hi all,
I suppose my insparation was my father. He was passionate about aviation and
built flying models right untill the end. I can remember sitting down almost
every night to do some modelling together as a kit. It wasnt all flying
models though, i can remember early on building several Airfix Blenheims, a
Space Shuttle, a Skyrocket (dont remember whos kit), an Airfix Skyhawk that
lasted me for years and is still taking pride of place on my shelf next to
my Wingnut Wings goodies.

My interest waiverd about 13, at the same time i lost my father so my main
source of passion for aircraft had gone. I inherited his referance libairy
but that was hardly touched for a while. Then a few years back now (im only
24) i was bitten by the sudden urge to build a model again and my love just
spiraled from there. I build everything from WWI up to modern aircraft
although if its modern it has to be in a special scheme as the frontline
greys just dont interest me.

Ta
Oliver Holmes