[WWI] Arizona Model Aircrafters Flyboys Fokker Dr.1 - Questions

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Mon Jul 18 07:56:21 EDT 2011

About adding rivets to aluminium cowling, I'd advise against it. They're barely visible on this photo
http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/node/349?size=screensize
when it's blown up to size.  In fact they're not visible at all.
You see them on some models, between the front and the cowling, but aren't they just a thing that
someones seen on a model, and thinks it looks cool, so puts it on their model too, and finally we
have a myth made by modellers.

Wooden propellers can be carved from laminated marquetry wood, glued with CA, and varnished.
For cockpit gauges, it might be worth looking at the flying scale community, if they have anything.
/Neil