[WWI] Eduard 1/48 Camel confusion

Dave Calhoun davecww1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:40:57 EDT 2011

Sorry for the delay, but I went up in the loft and grabbed the Eduard Camel kits that I have.  I have the 8060 Dual  kit Sopwith F.1 camel.  Each kit has 4 different sprues with 2 different wings, two different cowlings and upper decks and one engine. So whichever cowling and top deck you use more research will be needed to figure out if the kit engine is the correct type for that cowling.
The other one I have is 8058 Sopwith 2F.1 Camel Profipack.  This one has 3 sprues, two are identical with the F.1 kit (so you get the same engine).  There is a new sprue with different wings, top decking and two different cowlings.  Plus the various parts for the upper wing lewis gun and mounting.  Another added bonus is resin Cooper bombs that are not included with the F.1 kit.
Only problem with this kit is that they reuse the same fuselage as the F.1, so you must scribe in the fuselage seam for the 2F.1, this is odd for Eduard as they usually give you a new fuselage with each version.

That's all for now, so the F.1 and 2F.1 are completely different kits due to the different sprues in each box.

Dave C
Message: 7