[WWI] a Russian rarity

Paul Thompson flutes at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 15 12:34:59 EDT 2011

Hi Paul;

Have you tried the foam centred sanding blocks that the hardware store
sells? They really chew away that old plastic. I used one to get rid of the
raised ribs of the Aurora Gotha and that plastic was almost as hard as
glass.

Jamie
<

Hi Jamie. For jobs like this I make sanding blocks from various grades of
wet and dry stuck to wooden blocks with double-sided tape. (It's cheap, and
so am I). For the later, less agressive stages I use the foam backed sanding
sticks made by Flexifile and others. To be honest I've not seen anything
suitable for sanding (except sheets of sandpaper of course) in hardware
stores here in the Netherlands.

Cheers,		Paul.