[WWI] Which airplane would you fly?

dr-i.417.17 at cox.net dr-i.417.17 at cox.net
Thu Jul 14 11:32:26 EDT 2011

Kinda like trying to squeeze Goering into a Me-1*9. Obviously, he was able to get into a D.VII. But that was before he packed it on.

I sat in the Buchon at the USAFM in 1997, at the time I was a faint 170#  77Kg and I was wearing a T shirt and Jeans.  I was uncomfortable then.  My first thought was how did they fly these things with flying leather and a chute?

My first thought in this thread was the DH-2 or the E-III one of the early ones.  But after a little thought, since I am a multi engine pilot,  I'd really like to give one of the multi engine bombers a try. Gotha or DH-10