[WWI] Which airplane would you fly?

Scott.Janney at urs.org Scott.Janney at urs.org
Wed Jul 13 12:44:35 EDT 2011

Hard to answer as there are so many variables but, would have to go with
the Sopwith Pup for it's exceptional (viceless?) flying qualities.

             "Diego Fernetti"
             <dfernet0 at rosario
             .gov.ar>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  "World War I Modeling Mailing List"
             wwi-bounces at wwi-m         <wwi at wwi-models.org>
             odels.org                                                  cc

                                                                   Subject
             07/13/2011 06:02          [WWI] Which airplane would you fly?
             AM

             Please respond to
                World War I
             Modeling Mailing
                   List
             <wwi at wwi-models.o
                    rg>

Now here's the thing:
If you were given the chance to be transported in time to some point
between
1914 to 1918 on the European Western front of the Great War, given some
training to fly airplanes (at Issoudun or at Aviano or at Schwerin) and
then
you could choose ANY aircraft of the era to make a tour over the
trenches...
I guess I'd choose -for practical reasons- a Fokker D.VIIf. However, for
the
looks, I'd choose a Nieuport 11. Or a Sopwith Pup.
What airplane would you choose?
D.