[WWI] Lebed VII/Sopwith Tabloid

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 16:48:18 EST 2011

Mike

A clone I believe, but as these  were handbuilt and modified in
service your mileage may vary depending on which machine you build. There's
a Mini-Datafile on the Tabloid (#(?)

One thing to watch with both the S/H Tabloid and Schneider is that out of
the box the fuselage is about 1/16" too narrow which sets the interplane
struts and wingtips at a funky angle when seen head on.  It's easy enough
to fix if you catch it before you join the bits together, but a real bxgger
afterwards

I'd also suggest you ditch the battleship sized bolts representing
the screws attaching the cowling and forward fuselage panels. They are
probably pretty cool if you're into the steampunk version, but not *quite*
the same size as on the real thing

Aidrian

Army elastic bands in a temperate climate have a shelf life of 1 year but
in a tropical climate it is only 12 months. (Manual of Army Ordnance
Services Volume 1 Pamphlet No 2 Part 5 Appendix K, Army Code No. 60065-1,
1977).