[WWI] Best Film Ever Made?

David sagittarius_rising at charter.net
Tue Aug 30 13:20:51 EDT 2011

There is a very poignant film adaptation of Patricia Barker's WWI trilogy
entitled 'Regeneration' (aka 'Behind the Lines' to distinguish itself from a
B grade horror flick).   It takes place at Craiglochart Castle where
officers suffering from shell shock were sent.  There are 3 actual persons;
Siegfried Sassoon, Wilfred Owen and psychologist W.R. Rivers and a fictional
Billy Prior.    A very understated testament to the horrors of the trench
and an incisive view of the medicine and ethos of the time.

>From Wiki and other blogs, I understand that the original UK was clipped a
bit and lost something in the reduction.  If so, I would like to see that.
Anyhow, this is my top WWI film.