[WWI] The new Unofficial Wingnut Wings Forum

mkessler73 at frontier.com mkessler73 at frontier.com
Tue Aug 30 11:02:15 EDT 2011

Andy,

I think you missed my point.  Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned the scalism thing.  I guess what I don't understand is why a dedicated WNW forum, or Diego's personal Naglo forum for that matter, would be a bad thing?  I don't see how that has any effect on you unless you choose to join it?  I just don't understand the backlash (Griping, unhappiness, etc.) about the WNW kits and the interest they create, no matter how "fan boyish" it may be.

Let me put it this way, would anyone on this forum be complaining if WNW made hand-woven flower baskets in place of WW1 kits?  I would think obviously not, even if they were the best baskets money could buy.  So just because they are making something similar to someone's favorite thing (i.e. WW1 aircraft of different scales), it now becomes an object of concern?

>From my point of view WW1 modelers have lost nothing by the creation of the WNW kits, but on the other hand have gained much!  I honestly can't even really see much merit in the gripes about Windsock being dominated by WNW articles lately.  There has been the typical coverage of other new kits, and if the articles had been about someone's scratch-built 1/48th model, it would have just as much relevance to the typical modeler as the WNW articles are to non-WNW builders.  There is still plenty of things that can be transposed to other scales, and a beautiful model is still a beautiful model, regardless!

I guess what it really comes down to is that I hate to see the negative response to such an obvious attempt to give the WW1 modeling community a good thing.  Seems to me that with the limited part of the market that we represent, we ought to be ecstatic to get anything at all!

With all respect,
Matt K.