[WWI] Accurate lozenge decals?

Scott.Janney at urs.org Scott.Janney at urs.org
Mon Aug 29 17:39:11 EDT 2011

Thanks to all who responded to my inquiry on lozenge decals, I know it was
a pretty subjective question but, I appreciate the input.

James, Thanks for the Aeroscale link... that was an interesting comparison
and I have to say that I knew nothing about the Doug Baumann decals.  I'll
have to give them a look.

Michael, I still have a sheet of A/G decals although, they are the A/H hex.
I agree that they do adhere well but my examples have been slightly out of
register.  I do keep an eye out for them when they come up on eBay but,
that seems to be few and far between.

Mike, I've never had the chance to check out the Aviprint decals as I build
in 1/72.  You also mentioned Microsculpt, I thought what they had put out
looked great but still waiting for them to print in 72 scale.  Starting to
think that is a pipe dream, must not be selling enough of them in 48 scale
to justify moving in to 72 scale.  Have you (or anyone else) worked with
the Doug Baumann decals?

Tim, I figured I'd go ahead and pick up a sheet of the Techmod 5 color
lozenges as they look to be the only 5 color now being offered (I have a
Rosemont/Eduard Albatros tri-plane project I'll probably use them on).
Your Halberstadt looks great, I'll have to remember the overspray that you
used (burnt umber wasn't it?).

I'm currently waiting for delivery of a sheet of MicroScale 4 color lowers
that I ordered over the weekend.  Having never seen this brand in person
before I'm hoping that they look a little more accurate than the Print
Scale I purchased a couple of months ago.

Again, Thanks to all for your input.

Scott