[WWI] The new Unofficial Wingnut Wings Forum

coyotemagic at comcast.net coyotemagic at comcast.net
Mon Aug 29 10:36:24 EDT 2011

I'm with you on this, Stuart.  I'm as much of a scale snob as anyone else, building strictly 1/48, but I do enjoy seeing the work of others, no matter what the scale.  I have one WNW kit that my wife bought me for Christmas last year.  She saw me gawking at the WNW Ninak on their site and decided I needed one.  I probably will build it because their is no Ninak in 1/48 scale, but I doubt that I'll get hooked and want to build another.

Whether we know it or not, we've all benefited from WNW coming on to the WWI scene.  Several new Datafiles have been released to coincide with WNW releases, and out of print Datafiles have gone back into print.  The WNW site is probably one of the very best references I've ever seen.  Their photo gallery is amazing.  Vintage Aviator, another Peter Jackson concern, is a great source, as well.

Sure, I'd like to see Eduard release an LVG C.VI or a Breguet 14, but I, for one, am grateful for Peter Jackson and WNW for making things a little more interesting for us.

Cheers,

Bud