[WWI] Reddish-Brown Camouflage on LVG C.VIs

Mike Vice jmikl2957 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 25 12:06:55 EDT 2011

                I'll be starting my WNW LVG C.VI soon and was re-reading
"LVG C.VI At War" yesterday.  The monograph notes that many, many of the
C.VIs' fuselages were oversprayed with a reddish-brown hue.  Many years ago
I tried to duplicate thi by adding a touch of brown and a touch of red to
some clear gloss, but I can't remember the proportions I used.  What do the
rest of you do?  If you do as I did 20-odd years ago, what proportions and
particular colors do you use?  That is, how many drops of red and how many
drops of brown in a color cup of clear gloss?  Or do you mix separately in
some proportions, then poor into the color cup?

                TIA, per usual.

                                Mike