[WWI] Lucky find

Robert Karr karrart at karrart.com
Wed Aug 24 13:35:20 EDT 2011

<<
Anybody here remember Dave Boksanski? Bo taught me many years ago always to
look at a part as a donor for something else.

Yep- he wrote some great articles in the early days of Fine Scale Modeler.
Many MANY years ago I built the Tom's Model Works 1/48 Vac Pfalz D.III. Not
a bad kit except the lower wings. These were nothing but a straight
suck-down over the old Aurora pieces with all the attendant shape problems
and an incorrect number of ribs and that wouldn't do. But I discovered the
Lindberg Jenny wings had the exact rib spacing for the Pfalz so I cut
sections from these and it worked wonderfully. A little outline and leading
edge shaping and perfect!
Robert Karr
same ol' junk:
http://karrart.com/aviationartlife/?page_id=213